Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Dimensional Engineer in our Body Shop, you will work with cross functional partners to understand variances and ensure that our vehicles are being built to quality standards. In this role, you will support new and existing processes and products as well partner with all areas of the body shop and manufacturing process to manage quality and program milestones
- Responsible for overall dimensional quality of body during production
- Support new model development through program milestones
- Review CMM / scan reports of various stampings, extrusions, and castings
- Make adjustments alongside maintenance and production to assembly fixtures and tooling to correct dimensional variances in final products
- Understand BIW structure and how part dimensional variances impact overall assembly
- Hands on production support at machines or with parts on the floor
- Work closely with closures area to ensure proper flush and gap for doors, hoods, fenders, and other closures
- Work with general assembly to understand dimensional issues at downstream customer
- Work with inhouse stamping as well as suppliers to understand dimensional variances with supplied parts
- Work closely with metrology and quality to use check fixtures, part coordination fixtures, scanning equipment, to coordinate part moves
- Ability to read and understand CMM & Scan reports is a must
- Strong mechanical skills or background
- Experience with Catia V5/V6
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong excel and office skills
- Experience with GD&T
- APQP experience
- Strong process skills, ability to comprehend a wide variety of manufacturing processes
- Strong data management skills
- Strong communication skills to varying groups
- Engineering degree or related required
- Engineering or Technical bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in a Manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
- 3+ years of experience in Dimensional Engineering role supporting production and current processes
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours per day.
- Required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to perform all duties in a working environment that may contain dust, high noise levels, hot and cold weather.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.