Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As Senior UX Writer, you’ll work within our Consumer Product team across web and mobile app to help shape the Rivian digital experience through copy and content. The opening can be located at our Northern California or Southern California facilities or be fully remote and reports directly to a Lead Copywriter.
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to:
- Work in partnership with our design and product teams, contributing to active work tracks, from strategy to concepting to production.
- Balance brand voice and user experience, thinking strategically about how we’re communicating through digital experiences.
- Become an expert in our products—you’ll take the complex and translate it into clear, approachable language.
- Work within and expand our copy system—creating a consistent copy experience across the Rivian ecosystem.
- Pitch in here and there on other writerly projects—such as naming or longer-form content.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned within the scope of this position.
- 5-8+ years of experience writing for brands and digital products.
- A track record of writing smart, inviting and sharp copy
- Comfort with presenting your work, explaining your thinking and working with others to bring your vision to life.
- Familiarity with research to define verbal strategy.
- Appreciation for testing and iterating on work.
- Ability to pick things up quickly, manage multiple projects and adapt to shifting timelines and priorities.
- You get satisfaction in shaping digital experiences through words.
- Enjoy writing a splashy headline just as much as a perfectly on-brand CTA.
- You think big picture and sweat the details.
- You’re comfortable with conjuring definition from ambiguity.
- You’re collaborative, proactive and enjoy solving problems.
- You’re not afraid to ask why. A lot.
- You’re okay with cutting the Oxford comma out of your life.
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $96,000-$120,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.