Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Senior Network Engineer is a subject matter expert in network design and troubleshooting. As an individual contributor, this role exercises considerable judgment to make decisions in executing operational life cycle processes for network equipment and provide recommendations to ensure optimal network utilization.
- Build, develop and implement automation to improve the reliability of the network meeting business SLA objectives.
- Design, test and deliver scripts to automate manual operational work.
- Implements perimeter network security controls and participates in incident response.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the development of detailed network design artifacts including design, network diagrams, and low-level network configuration.
- Manage operational sustainment of the network, including fielding user requests, system-initiated tickets, network incidents, and escalations, providing on-call support as needed.
- Manage and execute life cycle process for network equipment, including OS patching and upgrades.
- Develop and implement resilient network backup and recovery to maintain reliable network operating system and tools (e.g., PRTG). Reviews and reacts to monitoring alerts, logs, and alarms.
- Performs installations and configurations of enterprise network devices, including routers, switches, and wireless access points, firewalls and remote access concentrators, works directly with customers to resolve incidents.
- Regularly monitor all network devices to provide rapid issue resolution and provide reporting metrics as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in computer science or a related discipline; or an additional 2 years in lieu of this degree with CCNP – CCIE level certifications.
- 4 years of hands-on experience
- Managing enterprise network topologies with Cisco IOS/NXOS infrastructure and FortiNet firewalls.
- Infrastructure automation technologies and languages – Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Python, Bash.
- In-depth experience with layer 2 switching technologies, VLAN, spanning tree protocol, and Cisco switching best practices and procedures.
- Implementing and maintaining enterprise class WiFi infrastructure, with focus on Juniper Mist Wireless
- Ability to interpret data captures and debug at packet level.
- Demonstrated comfort working within a highly critical data center environment, with absolute adherence to change control processes.
- Experience with PRTG, Infoblox and similar network management tools.
- Knowledge and experience with Juniper MIST.
- Experience with Remote access solutions (ie. Zscaler, Cisco Anyconnect, etc)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.