Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Internship Term: Summer 2023
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term with an expected graduation date between Fall 2023 through Fall 2025.
If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions at Rivian.com/careers
Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
The Camera, Imaging and Computer Vision team delivers Intelligent Vision & Imaging technologies and features underlying Rivian’s adventure user experiences. This multi-disciplinary team architects, designs, develops and productizes state-of-the-art algorithms and SW stacks on various computing platforms, and across multiple vehicle system architectures. As a Computer Vision Intern, you will research and develop computer vision algorithm and deep learning models and combine imaging with other sensor data for vehicle security, safety, and driver assistance. You will also expand your horizons to collaborate with other domain experts to bring our innovations from concept to product.
- Design, develop and optimize computer vision algorithms or deep learning models in the areas of object detection, object tracking, depth estimation, segmentation, action recognition.
- Research, design and drive algorithm development for novel computer vision, deep learning, and AR based video and live view user experiences.
- Analyze and optimize performance of deep learning-based computer visions algorithms. This will include post-training quantization, quantization-aware training, model compression and optimizations using platform-provided tools.
- Collaborate with team members to effectively evaluate the performance of algorithms/neural networks.
- Must be currently pursuing a masters or PhD at an accredited university
- Actively pursuing a degree or one closely related in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering at the time of the internship or equivalent experience in related field required.
- Development experience in one or more areas of computer vision, image/video, deep learning.
- Experience programming in C++, Python, or related languages.
- Solid understanding of machine learning, deep learning, and neural network architectures.
- Proficiency in using computer vision and deep learning toolkits.
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills.
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for Internships: The range of pay for internships is 25.00-51.00 per hour. Actual compensation will be determined based on location, and other factors permitted by law.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.