Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Service Support Training Instructor role requires exceptional ability to assess needs, develop & deliver appropriate training solutions, and build strong working relationships. Individuals must be creative, proactive, organized, flexible, results-oriented, and have a passion for and understanding electric vehicles. They must have outstanding communication, facilitation, and organizational skills while demonstrating a positive and professional demeanor. The Service Support Training Instructor will be responsible for ensuring our Service Support Operations team members have the proper training required to best support Rivian customers.
- Support developing needed training skills and curriculum that supports Rivian Service Support Operations.
- Develop and maintain curriculum to onboard and continuously educate customer-facing teams in a operations center environment on the Rivian brand, soft skills, empathy, de-escalation tactics, our products (including technical specs), and electric vehicle ownership.
- Excellent presentation/facilitation skills in a classroom or other learning environment.
- Scale training programs with cutting-edge learning and development tools.
- Support both the service L&D team and collision L&D team with Service Support training content.
- Partner with leadership to identify training and development needs concerning commercial products.
- Develop and conduct training content to support internal Rivian team members on Service Support products.
- Provide training for partner systems, Including Swoop/Roadside/Agero.
- Provide ongoing training and development support to ensure a problem-solving mindset is applied and effectively utilized.
- Provide service-specific training to internal Rivian staff on commercial electric vehicles equipped with complex automotive/electromechanical systems (powertrain, passive restraint system, steering/suspension/brakes, thermal management).
- Provide specific & general training on high voltage DC systems.
- Maintain expert knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools, and materials used to maintain and repair vehicles.
- Develop training in close consultation with support teams (collision engineering, Field Service Engineering).
- Experience designing and developing training content, courses or programs, and training evaluation.
- Degree from a University, Certificate program in Automotive Technology, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Capable to build-out and scale Service Support training programs in a startup/ tech/ high growth company.
- Proactive, flexible, confident, professional, and self-directed in a fast-paced environment.
- Thrives working independently and able to contribute strongly as a member of a high-performing team.
- Strong ability to collaborate and serve as a partner/consultant to service leadership and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex problem-solving activities and initiatives.
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated confidence and professionalism
- Tech-savvy – able to expertly use a full suite of office and learning technologies
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Experienced customer-facing training facilitator. (a plus)
- Automotive system repair knowledge and training experience is nice to have (a plus)
- Strong commercial / industrial repair experience. (a plus)
- Experience with environmental and safety requirements a plus.
- Familiarity of training to support center staff (a plus)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.