Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Sr. Service Training Manager is responsible for overseeing all training for the service teams. The role consists of managing a team of highly skilled and talented instructors that deliver top quality training to the service field. They will also be overseeing online content development from our Service Learning Experience Designers. This role will require high problem-solving mindset tied to a strong need to communicate well with a team spread out across the country. The service training manager will need to engage with key stakeholders in service as well as with L&D leadership. This role will also support other L&D teams when it comes to training requests as a subject matter expert. This individual needs to be a team player and having some automotive knowledge is a plus.
- Manage a team of instructors located in the service field. Leader will need to drive the team to deliver highest quality training while also meeting readiness targets defined by Service.
- Oversee and lead the team’s online learning content creation and programs from our learning experience designers
- Support our Service Support Operations Center supporting staff and validate training impact
- Partner with Service and Engineering teams to define training needs for the field regions.
- Work with key service leaders on front of house / non-technical training needs
- Stay up to date on latest training delivery methods and incorporate with the team as necessary (in-person led, e-learning, virtual-led)
- Openly communicate with the team on business changes and priorities for training.
- Create team goals and deliverables each quarter and drive team to deliver on those objectives
- Oversee a fleet of training vehicles to ensure the regional team has vehicles for training.
- Evaluate service tooling requirements for training and empower team to maintain equipment.
- Verify LXD’s have the software skills needed for online training / E-learning creation
- Observe Instructors conducting training and assess according to pre-defined KPIs.
- Coach, guide, and mentor the team on their skills and create a plan on ways they can improve their skills
- Stay current with latest Rivian technical product information.
- Act as SME to support Learning Services team with any online training requests.
- Forecast headcount requirements based on service headcount projections / team needs.
- 5+ years of related work experience. 2+ years of people managing experience.
- Degree or Certificate from a University program in Automotive Technology or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design, eLearning software (Articulate 360 and Adobe InDesign preferred)
- Familiar with video content creation and editing (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, or Camtasia)
- Experience supporting a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Familiar with training courses and related KPIs to improve training delivery / content
- Proficient with Microsoft suite apps (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Independent thinker who can build trusting relationships and process driven.
- Proactive about new initiatives; not afraid to ask questions and challenge status quo.
- Able to travel domestically frequently as needed.
- Clean Driver’s License.
- Previous automotive experience working in the service training field (preferred)
- Professional Certifications (instructional design) (preferred)
- Certification in coaching, learning, performance, career services, or MBTI, DISC, and other similar assessment tools (preferred)
- Able to create and modify training material as needed (preferred)
- Up to date passport (preferred)
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants: $168,000 - $193,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.