Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship or co-op term with an expected graduation date between Fall 2023 through Fall 2025. If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full-time positions at Rivian.com/careers. Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
Rivian’s Emerging Technology Co-Op program offers a 7-month experience for students seeking an opportunity to influence and transform the next generation of Electric Vehicle manufacturing.
Available cohort dates:
- May – December 2023
- Development of automation tools and software scripts to enable rapid design of the next generation assembly lines and processes with a high level of detail & precision including construction planning validated in a virtual environment.
- Contribute to delivery of a full digital twin and automation to keep the digital model up to date.
- Develop engineering tools to output detailed process planning from simple data entries using rules based automation
- Develop CAD standards and automation of inverse kinematics to reduce manual work load during virtual commissioning
- Develop standards and processes for the efficient management of Manufacturing 3D CAD data
- Identify, evaluate and make recommendations for selection of new software platforms
- Solve technically complex problems using fundamental, data driven methodologies.
- Provide technical support to upskill the Manufacturing Engineering team working in a virtual environment including training and documentation
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineers to define work flow problem statements, identify key data inputs and develop solutions.
- Must be currently pursuing a bachelors, masters, or PhD degree at an accredited university.
- Actively pursuing a degree or one closely related in Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics or similar.
- Software programming / scripting experience – C#, C++, Python, VBA
- Knowledge in CAD/3D modeling – Catia, NX, AutoCad, Solid Works, Solid Edge, etc.
- Application of or Knowledge using AI principles in programming projects
- Engineering fundamentals (i.e. Kinematics)
Additional preferred requirements
- Robotics knowledge – motion, kinematics, programming, applications, PLC, teaching
- Knowledge in Manufacturing domain – Assembly, Paint, Stamping, etc.
- Web based programming, 3D web formats, interaction, visualization, advanced UI techniques and concepts
- Mobile device application development
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for Internships: The range of pay for internships is 25.00-51.00 per hour. Actual compensation will be determined based on location, and other factors permitted by law.
Rivian provides robust wellness benefits, and a medical insurance package for interns, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.