Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Developing innovative solutions and processes in Manufacturing is essential to the mass adoption of EVs and scaling the transition to sustainability. Rivian is building a plant and team that is driving scale at all levels.
- Rivian is seeking a world class engineer to serve in the newly created Electrical Launch Engineer role who will be part of team of engineers and technicians to support and resolve high priority electrical issues at Rivian’s production line.
- Be the first point of contact for all Vehicle Electrical Issues at our Normal, Il Plant
- Lead Cross Functional alignment to address Manufacturing concerns
- Work with all manufacturing partners and teams to increase quality through the complete product lifecycle
- Influence future design direction and technology improvements with Product Engineering
- Manufacturing teams to understand, report, and resolve issues
- Engineering teams (Electrical/Software/Mechanical) to resolve and root cause problems and refine future designs
- Failure Analysis Labs to gather information and evidence
- Quality Teams on process improvements and updates
ESCALATE AND REPORT:
- Major Line stoppages and issues
- Weekly Manufacturing Quality, Issues Status, and Risk Assessments
- Key support requirements and gating decisions
- Perform other duties as required or assigned within the scope of the position
- BS+ Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing, Mechatronics, or Equivalent
- Ability to collaborate with line workers and senior leadership
- 10+ years of experience working in a product development or volume manufacturing environment
- Wide breadth of electromechanical system knowledge
- Ability to dive deep into electrical, software, and mechanical issues
- Ability to use diagnostics tools (oscilloscope, DMM, CANalyzer) to aide in debug
- Demonstrated Strong Creative thinking and problem-solving toolbox.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.