Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Senior Manager, Commercial Facilities Operations will be responsible for building a programmatic framework, creating operational plans, and maintaining operational excellence for all Rivian Spaces, Service & Delivery Centers, Parts Distribution Centers, and Charging stations. This team is critical to Rivian’s Commercial success and functions as the backbone of our Commercial locations, ensuring they have everything they need to offer an exceptional experience to our customers. In true start-up fashion, some of these programs do not exist or have opportunities for refinement as the company scales. Rivian is looking for an experienced individual, who is a self-starter, collaborative, creative, highly organized, and communicative leader to champion these programs and lead a dynamic team to execute them.
Additionally, this role is tasked with collaborating closely with various Commercial, Service, Delivery, and Facilities leaders to successfully launch and run these locations across North America at a rapid pace while ensuring exceptional quality and operational excellence.
- Continued Team Development: Lead the Commercial Facilities Operations team in North America and continue to hire, train, develop, and retain top talent.
- Program Cost Models: Prepare financial operational models and determine the most cost-effective way to operate each program by way of gathering competitive bids. Partner with the Finance and Data Analytics partners to calibrate programs and ensure alignment with company priorities.
- Vendor Management: Continue to establish and maintain a comprehensive nationwide vendor network and associated contracts, to support site operations. Closely monitor vendor performance across North America.
- Implement and Maintain Facilities Operational Plans: This includes vendor management, budget management, ensuring operational excellence by establishing and tracking key performance indicators, etc. In scenarios where another department may manage the program, understand how this role can support and assist.
- Lead Communications: Lead communication and collaboration between facilities disciplines and Commercial stakeholders in North America. Issue regular updates on build plan status, report escalations on projects in development, etc.
- Manage New Site Openings (NSO’s): Work closely with and lead the Commercial Facilities Operations Team to ensure that the rapid rate of NSO’s are executed flawlessly. This includes managing a calendar of NSO’s, complex logistical planning, and robust supply chain planning.
- Robust Commercial Foundations: Maintain and continuously improve the established framework, systems, tools, and processes to support sites throughout North America. This includes workflow ticketing, maintenance SLA’s, preventative maintenance plans, etc.
- Strategy and KPI’s: Drive strategy and track site KPI’s. Issue Quarterly Business Reports to stakeholder leaders and company Executives on effectiveness of all programs. This includes unplanned downtime, safety on sites, work order metrics and statistics, response times, expenditure tracking, etc. These Business Reports should drive continuous improvement locally and regionally.
- Small Works: Manage and effectively lead the Small Works program and team in North America, Small Works are projects completed after a Service Center opens that ensure the space continues to improve and satisfy the demands of the local Service teams as their needs change and grow.
- Continuous Improvement: This role will be responsible for keeping projects and operational programs relevant and adjust programs as needed to best support the business as needed. As part of continuous improvement, this role will continuously deliver thoughtful, fresh, efficient, and effective ideas.
- Partner: This role will require a high level of collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. The expectation for this role is to build strong relationships and engage and collaborate as needed to continuously meet program objectives.
- A minimum of 8 years in facilities management experience at a national level
- A minimum of 5 years in the automotive industry experience is preferred
- Experience directly managing large teams across multiple regions
- Proven ability to build relationships with stakeholders across multiple functions and at all levels, both within and outside of the company
- Experience in superior customer service with a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Experience managing small- and large-scale field programs
- Proven knowledge with CMMS software, specifically Fexa
- Proven ability to manage third party vendor relationships
- Highly motivated, self-starter, with the ability to shift focus very quickly and adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as critical thinking skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 75%
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.