Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Future Programs team exists to expand the definition of Electric Adventure Vehicle with new product and ecosystem solutions. We are specifically focused on addressing local transportation and the outsized impact towards Keeping the World Adventurous Forever that comes with disrupting short, high emission trips.
- Conceptual design development, detailed design, and production release of Structures and Accessories in the Future Programs team.
- Lead the coordination of geometry progression within a system.
- Create CAD surfaces and solids and GD&T using Catia V6.
- Be an expert and mentor for Catia V6. Foster an culture of learning, knowledge sharing, and collaboration.
- Manage system, subsystem, and component information in the Enovia PLM and Catia V6 environment.
- Ensure all geometric requirements for milestone delivery are analyzed and met.
- Enable effective communications with Studio, Packaging, Advanced Engineering, Manufacturing, and Supplier activities to deliver optimal design solutions.
- Be a champion of innovative design across the vehicle and collaboration across company activities.
- Support and champion the development of best practices for design and engineering.
- 5 plus years of experience designing and modeling consumer products.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Certificate of Accomplishment from a recognized Design educational institution, or equivalent skills and expertise.
- Applied experience in the automotive design and development process, system requirements, and engineering best practices.
- Excellent understanding of Y14.5 and GD&T standards.
- Experience in the production part release process.
- High level of expertise and proficiency with Catia, Enovia, or similar PLM tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and other information management tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a high performing team.
- A system approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for exceptional delivery execution and continuous improvement.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.