Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Vehicle Operations Specialist, you will be a key contributor to the success of our Delivery & Field Operations organization. Vehicle Operations Associates work in coordination with Delivery & Mobile Operations, Service Operations, and our fleet teams to facilitate vehicle logistics activities, manage documentation, and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Rivian is looking for someone who is seeking a position to grow their career both personally and professionally.
- Receive, inspect and process incoming inventory, including completing Bill of Lading (BOL) paperwork
- Ensure product quality standards through washing vehicles, detailing, and paint correction activities
- Maintain charge for delivery ready vehicles
- Conduct quality control process for delivery ready vehicles and manage the communication of defects to service department
- Complete pre and post legal document requirements for customer deliveries
- Maintain key control through secure key management system.
- Maintain inventory lot and ensure that there are safe and usable drive lanes in the lot at all times
- Shuttling vehicles to/from secondary locations including customer and fleet vehicles
- Maintain adequate inventory of essential supplies
- Prepare, inspect, and stage customer trade ins for remarketing to be transported to the auction via carrier
Delivery Center Operations
- Conduct various weekly, monthly, quarterly audit process
- Work cross-functionally with proper communication and collaboratively with other teams onsite and remote
- Participates in continuous improvement activities with guidance from leads/managers.
- Proficiency with computers and software including Microsoft Office, and internal business platforms
- Complete additional work and tasks as requested by the leadership team
- 2+ years' of experience with operations, logistics, or lot management; Previous EV or detailing experience a plus
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle (or state that you are commuting daily to/from) and possess an exceptional driving record
- Ability to obtain and maintain local sales licenses if applicable in your state
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support customers on nights, weekends and/or holidays; Ability and willingness to travel based on business needs to support other market launches and operations
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements including; lift 50 lbs safely, bending/crouching/kneeling, standing, walking or sitting for extended periods
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years; No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years; Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
- Willingness to work in various working conditions including being in an active service center or unpredictable weather conditions
- Desire to work in workplace that is employee centric and has a foundational focus on the environment and clean energy solutions
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.