Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian's Vancouver team is seeking an Android Mobile Application Developer to will develop mobile software applications and SDKs for Rivian products. Rivian is establishing a strong foothold in the Vancouver technology scene and attracting talent aligned with Rivian's core values and motivated by our challenging vision of saving the planet by disrupting and revolutionizing the automobile industry. We are a cross functional team of all backgrounds that values diversity of culture, ideas, and talent and the most adventurous thing we have all done recently is leave our corporate roles and become part of Rivian Vancouver
You are an innovator and a creative problem solver with demonstrated technical abilities proven by your consistent track record of delivering flagship products to market. You have an insatiable desire to solve challenging problems and with your next career move, you are looking to make a meaningful impact. This is a unique opportunity to do just that and become part of a transportation revolution.
- Design and develop Rivian mobile applications and its associated SDK for mobile devices on Android OS
- Develop sample and demo applications making use of our technology
- Collaborating with the and product and the design team to define app features.
- Ensuring quality and performance of application to specifications.
- Identifying potential problems and resolving application bottlenecks.
Fixing application bugs before final release.
- Publishing application on Google Play Store.
- Maintaining the code and atomization of the application.
- Designing and implementing application updates.
- Upgrading to Android Developer Requirements
- Grow your skills with continual learning, workshops, conferences and talks
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 12+ Years of full-time software engineering experience
- Prior experience as an Android Developer using Kotlin, Java, Android SDK
- Experience in publishing an application on the Google Play store
- Proven work experience in design patterns mobile architecture using frameworks such as MVVM/MVC/MVP
- Experience leading design and development of features end to end
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and GraphQL to effectively integrate Android applications
- Experience building UI using different layouts and optimizing them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Familiarity with various Unit/UI testing tools
- Problem solver with good analytical skills
- Experience with some maps SDK like Google Maps or MapBox and/or IOT products
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.