Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The PLM IT & Engineering Applications team’s mission is to ensure we meet our engineering, manufacturing and supply chain needs with the end customer in mind. We achieve that mission through building a suite of applications that integrate our platforms together. Building a vertically integrated company requires a vertically integrated software solution and our team tentacles out into every phase of the business, from Engineering and Supply Chain to Manufacturing as well as Prototype builds to Production ramps.
- Build, test and release complex mission critical full-stack applications for internally and externally facing software
- Design and implement frontend code and algorithms using ReactJS, Redux, Typescript as well as backend code using AWS Services, NodeJS, Lambdas, NoSQL databases
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including QA testing, technical product management and UI/UX design teams to define application features
- Use automation as an opportunity to reduce roadblocks and achieve deliverables
- Ensure good software architecture practices are followed across the team; actively contribute to code and design reviews; perform unit testing to deliver high quality software
- At least 8 years of professional experience as a software engineer developing custom solutions or applications
- BA in Engineering (Computer Science / Data Engineering or equivalent practical experience / experience)
- Proficiency in the following frontend languages & technologies: ReactJS, HTML, CSS, React Router, Redux, GraphQL
- Proficiency in the following backend languages & technologies: Python
- Proficiency in the following cloud technologies: AWS Services, Lambdas
- Solid understanding of database technology (DynamoDB, Atlas, RDS)
- Great understanding of caching, authentication, authorization, and privacy considerations
- Unit testing and test-driven development experience
- Systematic troubleshooting and root cause analysis experience
- Knowledge of Agile Development of Accessible Software Tools
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.