Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is seeking a simulation expert to assist in designing and optimizing fulfillment process using discrete event simulations for Commercial Operations. Perform process modeling and simulations, statistical analysis, and design on experiments to drive decisions on processes and designs.
- Build Discrete Event Simulation (DES) models to build, simulate, and optimize the fulfillment operational process flow models using FlexSim, Demo 3D, AnyLogic or any other Discrete Event Simulation (DES) software packages to determine future state performance under varying conditions
- Understand process flows, analyze data, perform Design of Experiments, and effectively represent in simulation model to achieve better correlation and process improvements
- Analyze, interpret and facilitate process improvement initiatives among site operations, logistics, last mile operations and upper funnel groups.
- Enhance models on ongoing basis to ensure continued alignment with business.
- Examine key business data by identifying, cleaning, and providing analysis and insights. Validating data fidelity and creating data where none currently exists.
- Generate insights and present findings to senior management using data visualization and presentation programs to make business recommendations.
- Key partners to collaborate with include IT, Finance & Accounting, Treasury, Manufacturing & Engineering, Various Operations Teams, People Team, Strategy, Marketing, Commercial Analytics
- Master’s degree in Operations Research/Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related technical field required
- 3+ years of experience in building simulation models – discrete event simulation, agent based and hybrid simulation models.
- Proficiency in Python, Java or other programming languages
- Proficient in SQL, Tableau, and Excel.
- Familiarity with AWS preferred
- Experience in supply chain
- Ability to quickly understand and map systems, processes, and operations
- Experience in a dynamic and agile environment requiring high-adaptability, management of multiple projects, excellent cross-functional communication and presentation skills
- Continuous improvement attitude: ability to suggest and implement best practices
- Willing to travel (up to 5%)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.