Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Senior Manager of Plant Controllership position is responsible for Normal facilities (including offsite locations) accounting and financial activities and results. This position reports to the Plant Controller and is a business partner to Plant Operations Team as well as the Extended Accounting and Finance Teams. They are directly responsible for managing the key Accounting and Financial activities, in accordance with prescribed Corporate and Plant policies and procedures, for the site and organization.
In this function you will:
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute key analysis and reports for monthly Actuals and Operating Reviews which includes analyzing results and highlighting key business drivers to leadership.
- Lead initiatives to improve the transparency, quality, and timeliness of financial data. Develop and deploy process improvements to streamline efforts and improve accuracy.
- Lead Accounting efforts to standardize accounting and compliance activities for certain key activities.
- Lead and support the teams responsible for the preparation of the certain consolidated financial statements items, supporting schedules and reporting packages (for actual results and variance analysis) that are used by senior leadership, the Board of Directors, and in external SEC filings
- Advising the Controller and other senior leaders on special projects, ad hoc requests, day-to-day questions, and financial results, including developing recommendations on key business drivers, risks, and opportunities
- Building organizational capability by attracting and selecting diverse, high caliber, promotable talent
- Driving efficiency and process improvement within the controllership team by continually challenging the status quo
- Evaluating complex accounting matters and presenting alternatives and recommendations to senior leadership in a simple and easy to grasp manner
- Oversees the adherence to Corporate and Plant policies, procedures, and controls, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Working with External Auditors as well as Rivian SOX team and Internal Auditors.
- Co-lead Physical Inventory with key responsibilities and oversight of the counting and count auditing processes.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 7 years of finance/accounting experience with at least 5 years in a manufacturing industry
- 4+ years of Plant operations or cost accounting experience is required.
- Prior management of people experience is required.
- CPA or CMA
- Master’s Degree in accounting or finance from an accredited institution.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills. Ability to influence across functions and demonstrate professional presence.
- Exhibit managerial courage in defending a position and handling conflict.
- Technical knowledge of budgeting, cost accounting, general accounting, standard product costing, financial reporting and analysis, cost/benefit analysis and inventory control & cost systems.
- Ability to analyze and interpret the financial impact of matters affecting the plant and provide advice to management regarding these matters.
- Knowledge and understanding of Corporate and plant accounting policies and procedures, and knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. The role supports multiple financial ledgers.
- Working knowledge of financial and ERP systems (SAP)
- Effectively drives and manages change, challenges the status quo and champions new and innovative ideas.
- Acts as a business partner and provides thought leadership.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.