Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian’s infotainment team is looking out for a candidate who can contribute to the design, development and validation of infotainment platforms for current/next generation Rivian vehicles. Candidate should be detail-oriented and have strong analytical and debugging skills, strong communication skills (written and verbal), working with teams across multiple time zones.
- Design, code, and test solutions for Music and Voice across multiple HLOS frameworks to enable use cases and experiences for vehicle infotainment.
- Quickly resolves complex software issues and bugs.
- Debug real time issues reported in an actual vehicle test drive
- Fast prototyping for feasibility study of future use case scenarios
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 8+ experience on embedded platforms using C/C++, preferably in consumer electronics or automotive industry.
- Experience in one or more of the following HLOS environments
- Android, QNX, Automotive Grade Linux
- Understanding of multimedia frameworks
- QNX – io-audio
- Android - OpenMAX, Android Player(NuPlayer/StageFright), Android Audio System (AudioFlinger, Audio Policy manager, Audio HAL)
- Experience with embedded system development and low-level interfaces related to audio functions such as I2C, I2S, TDM, PCM, SPI.
- Ability to identify and isolate performance issues in multimedia applications.
- Working Experience with Android, QNX & Hypervisors
- Knowledge in Linux ALSA architecture/Audio drivers is a plus.
- Experience with development of efficient audio processing on multi-core systems involving both CPUs and DSPs.
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.