Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Service Advisor will be responsible for overdelivering on the customer experience at our service locations. The ideal candidate will possess the technical acumen and the ability to provide a strong level of customer service. If you're able to think quickly on your feet, love to solve operational problems, have exceptional people skills, and have a passion for adventure, then we want you on the team. You will be front and center working with our customers every day to assist with service needs and coordinate with our Operations, Call Center, Retail, and Marketing teams. This role will require a dynamic and resourceful leader with excellent communications skills, who will foster cross functional interaction and champion a culture of continuous improvement to support Service teams and customers within a Service center. Experience in training, process standardization, continuous improvement, and managing escalations is a plus.
- Actively supports management in the planning and execution of the launch of Service centers by advising on best practices, providing subject matter expertise
- Supports planning, control, training, coordination, and technical support within assigned team in a role specific administrative function
- Assist in generating training tools and SOPs for new team members
- Utilize a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices to ensure maximum learning effectiveness
- Support a robust customer-centric team of Mobile/Service Technicians, Parts Advisors, and Service Manager
- Maintain a high-quality relationship with all departments within the organization. Collaborate and maintain high-quality relationships with Service Operations, Sales, Retail, and Delivery & Field Operations teams; model cross collaboration
- Works every day to deliver an exceptional customer experience. Encourages team members to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Communicate estimated completion time, regular updates, and follow through on each customer vehicle
- Translate customer-reported service-related problems to actionable work orders for technicians to complete
- Determine if a technical solution can be resolved over the phone; perform detailed daily record keeping in the operating system
- Conduct payment, invoicing, and estimate transactions within the system; walk our customers through a summary of all transactions.
- Responds thoughtfully to customer inquiries and escalated operational failures in a timely fashion. Apply sound problem-solving skills in order to maintain a high standard of quality to our customers
- Inspect vehicles before each customer delivery to ensure vehicles services and/or repairs are performed correctly
- Lead continuous improvement activities as needed
- Administer new and used vehicle warranty repairs in accordance with manufacturer warranty guidelines
- Analyzes service lapses that impact customer experience and work with supervisor to ameliorate
- Meet requirements of the state and federal law for automobile repair and consumer protection
- Read and comprehend instructions and follow established procedures. Assist in the development of standardized work
- May perform other duties as assigned
- HS Diploma or GED
- 3 - 4 years’ experience in a customer facing role
- Degree or training in team leading/management is a plus
- Experience of working and managing a team in a fast-paced environment is highly favored
- Experience leading or mentoring teams of 4 or more
- Product and industry knowledge
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to translate customer needs
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Remains flexible and responsive to changing conditions. Exhibits patience, empathy, attention to detail, and a passion for problem-solving
- Great attitude with a high-energy personality, excellent customer service skills, and able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Basic mathematics skills to prepare and transact estimates and payments
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and work in a standing position for extended periods of time
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 40 hours a week, including weekends and holidays, according to business need. Shifts may include evening, overnight, or early morning hours
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years
- No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle
- Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
- Fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (proof required)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.