Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Review fixed asset purchase requests
- Monitor construction in progress for timely fixed asset capitalizations
- Post current month additions, disposals/sales, transfers, and depreciation
- Reconcile fixed asset subledger to general ledger and prepare fixed asset rollforward
- Ensure the adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Actively communicate with assigned business units to review, analyze, and implement standards that directly impact fixed asset accounting
- Assist with various audit and tax preparation functions
- Travel occasionally to perform on-site audits to confirm physical assets on hand are properly classified in the fixed asset subledger
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance
- CPA preferred, but not required
- 2-4 years of accounting experience; experience in fixed assets and manufacturing is a plus
- Strong accounting and reporting (US GAAP) knowledge for assets and project accounting
- Expertise in cost segregation of fixed assets is a plus
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel and ERP/MRP systems; experience with SAP is a plus
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously having time-sensitive deadlines
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Proactive, independent thinker who will continuously look for ways to improve existing processes
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Department: Accounting
- Location: Plymouth, MI, Irvine, CA, Atlanta, GA OR Remote US
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.