Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Internship Term: Summer 2023
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term with an expected graduation date between Fall 2023 through Fall 2025.
If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions at Rivian.com/careers
Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
Join a world class team developing battery value chain market intelligence and business for Rivian! This role is critical for Rivian to bridge all current gaps between cell and pack, between battery and system, between economics feasibility and manufacturing feasibility, and between battery design and different market applications’ specific demand needs. Support Rivian’s strategy development, market research, and business development in EV, EV charging, EV propulsion (cell + pack + platform), or any EV-related new solution, such as intelligent mobility and battery swapping markets.
- Collect market intelligence, research, and model battery pack and system’s architecture including hardware and software (BMS, EMS). Analyze current trends in the industry focusing on electrochemistry, cell form factors, and pack e-platform's roadmap from technical feasibility and economic perspectives. Analyze architecture design to meet the current and future generation of the voice of the customer.
- Support the build of the battery cell supply/demand database for each manufacturer.
- Work to better understand the investment decision on R&D, manufacturing, and partnership toward Rivian’s core battery cell/pack markets.
- Research economic intelligence (CAPEX, OPEX) for different battery cell and pack manufacturing infrastructures – equipment vs. facility.
- Design, query, analyze and visualize all collected market data into BI databases and dashboards.
- Analyze different battery test data in the market database and dashboards.
- Develop business relations and collect market intelligence with battery cell, battery pack, and system integration OEMs and traders to support our cell engineering functional needs.
- Develop supply strategy and roadmap along the “battery cell – pack – system” value chain.
- Identify the business opportunity along the “battery cell – pack – system” value chain based on a “synergy” between market intelligence and technology know-how, the team with our engineering’s each functional lead to create business cases and execute our budgeted plans to achieve those business case’s goals.
- Build financial models to address economics for created business cases.
- Analyze, and collect market intelligence on battery’s “adjacent market/technology/supply chain."
- Analyze, and collect market intelligence on any market that could form a supply/demand bottleneck issue like in battery or battery material’s scenario.
- Pursuing an MBA is preferred, due to the nature of this role.
- Knowledge of the battery cell market is preferred
- Experience in data analytics and market analysis
- Experience in business development
- Battery design or manufacturing experience is a plus
- Detail-oriented: ability to become a subject matter expert to make informed decisions
- Demonstrates execution, problem-solving, and follow-through.
- Ability to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines of multiple simultaneous projects and challenges.
- Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross-functional disciplines
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.