Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Be responsible for joining systems implementation and joining processes improvement throughout project lifecycle.
- Partner with production operations engineers and leaders to ensure successful ramp and long term production.
- Perform continues joining process optimization in current and future model production environment.
- Develop new joining methods in conjunction with product engineers, materials engineers and equipment vendors.
- Provide production feedback to design engineering teams to ensure manufacturability of product without compromising functionality and performance.
- Lead and assist production in all quality and process related weld topics and issues.
- Lead and implement weld control plans and requirements.
- Asist and develop PM procedures, weld training program and champion the training practices.
- Be responsible for and ensure safety, quality, cost, timing & throughput targets are being achieved on all projects.
- Be part of a world-class engineering team, with a focus on high quality work and rapid project deployment.
- Challenge assumptions that are not backed up by a thorough engineering evaluation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical field.
- 9+ years of experience in engineering role.
- Deep understanding of joinability of steel, aluminum and copper.
- Extensive experience with at least two of the following welding and joining processes and corresponding equipment: self-pierce riveting, auto bolting, flow drill screw, clinching, spot welding, GMAW welding, projection welding, laser welding/brazing, friction stir welding, and hybrid join/bonding.
- 5+ years in process monitoring and optimization of welding and joining processes.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced in working within 2D & 3D CAD environments.
- Knowledgeable in high and low volume manufacturing skills (Cycle time, quality control, efficiency, equipment selection, return on investment, etc.).
- Demonstrate ability to solve complex technical problems and see the solution implemented to a high level of accuracy & quality.
- Ability to follow general guidance on deliverables and self-guided to develop a path to completion.
- Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including vendors.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.