Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This position is responsible for management of a technical team in charge of selecting, launching, training, and deploying metrology systems and quality processes in a high volume, automotive, production facility. In addition, this position will be responsible for the reliability, accuracy, and precision of quality attribute measuring devices for the manufacturing facility to assure control of a number of manufacturing processes including: stamping, plastics injection molding, welding, assembly, precision machining and fastening torque.
This person in this position must be a key influencer for the creation of a positive quality culture and must possess a deep understanding of the automotive quality and problem-solving tools in order to build and develop a highly effective team.
Strategy and Development
- Must interface with R&D and Process/Production Engineering to ensure new equipment is deployed on-time and current equipment is maintained and calibrated adequately to adhere to manufacturing timelines to meet the needs of the business.
General and Task Management
- Implement all relevant procedures described in the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Utilize internal partners and external vendors to direct new and routine scheduled preventive maintenance, calibrations, and performance verifications; to include periodic re-validation of facility equipment, devices, and analytical instrumentation.
Financial and Budget Control
- Develop, implement, and monitor the preventive maintenance and metrology operation budget to ensure compliance with approved expense limitations
- Manage cost to support budgetary requirements, including processing, review, approval and monitoring of purchase orders and maintenance requirements
- Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or other technical field of study required (or equivalent leadership and education experience)
- 6+ years in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
- 4+ years of people management and development experience while leading a technical team required
- 3+ years of experience managing installation, validation, and commissioning of metrology or manufacturing equipment a plus
- Solid understanding of management principles such as work scheduling, prioritizing , coaching and performance management required
- Solid understanding of measurement systems, measurement systems analysis, and calibration processes required
- Knowledge and experience with various metrology equipment (i.e. CMM, scanners, VRSI, Klingenberg, etc)
- Experience with validation and automation project management a plus
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
- MBA or Masters Degree
- 10+ years in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be on the plant floor and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud
- At other times while performing duties of this job, the employee will work in a standard office environment
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours per day.
- Required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to perform all duties in a working environment that may contain dust, high noise levels, hot and cold weather.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.