Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Develop, validate, and enhance various power electronics products for onboard and offboard, grid-tied and stationary energy applications.
- Evaluate circuit topologies and circuit components through simulation and analysis.
- Outline controller specifications based on the application requirements.
- Develop and implement innovative system- and component-level control algorithms for a variety of power electronics applications.
- Test, validate, and troubleshoot the implemented control algorithms in simulation and on HW target.
- Develop detailed power electronics models to investigate and verify the controller algorithms robustness and performance across the entire operating space.
- Define subsystem- and system-level tests to validate the newly implemented algorithms and their interactions with the existing features.
- Work closely in a collaborative environment with the system, electrical, and software engineering teams to achieve the required performance of the power converters across the operating range.
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering specialized in power electronics or controls (MS + 6 years, PhD + 3 years, with minimum of 2 years working as a design or team lead).
- Solid background in power electronics controls with strong analytical skills. Deep understanding of control theory and operating principles of AC/DC and DC/DC resonant converter topologies (Vienna, Totem Pole, DAB, LLC, and CLLC).
- History of working through ambiguity and developing robust algorithms from a clean sheet, including software architecture, implementation, integration, and test.
- Proven ability to develop, implement, and verify control algorithms for switching power converters in both simulation environments and hardware.
- Expert in MATLAB/Simulink. Experience with modeling power converters in offline (MATLAB/Simulink, PLECS) and real-time simulation platforms (Opal-RT, Typhoon HIL).
- Programming experience in C/C++, and Python. Capability of delivering high-quality code in an embedded microcontroller environment.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and time constraints, highly motivated, self-starter with great attention to details
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.