Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Provide diagnostic and repair support of a geographical region consisting of several Rivian service facilities
- You will specialize in advanced diagnostics and heavy repair of all Rivian vehicle models and all vehicle systems
- Provide localized assistance with complicated or highly technical repairs of advanced systems including HV battery, Infotainment, Drive Unit and Driver’s Assistance
- You will model proper diagnostic and repair techniques as well as conduct some onsite training for local and mobile technicians
- Develop diagnosis and repair plans such that vehicle downtime/off-road is kept to a minimum
- Create field reports for common and severe vehicle failure modes to inform engineering teams of field corrective action and opportunities for product improvement
- Generate field reports for applicable government agencies (NHTSA, Etc.)
- Provide technical mentorship for local service locations, promoting best practices, safety, and efficiency
- Conduct and document localized engineering studies or field validations of Rivian products
- Work toward achieving KPIs for your region, which may include goals of minimal vehicle downtime, remote diagnostic response times, on-site diagnostic assistance proficiency, etc.
- Foster close collaboration between Reliability and Engineering teams to provide accurate field reporting
- Perform incident response plan for emergency field events where onsite support or data gathering is time sensitive and business critical
- Provide field feedback on diagnostic tools (software and hardware tools) to improve functionality and ease of use
- Partner with Diagnostic Engineering and Repair Plan Advisor teams to develop strategies to streamline and where possible, automate diagnosis for all major vehicle systems with the goal of shortening the service repair process
- Assist in any other business critical initiatives where your technical and communication expertise is valuable
- Uphold and foster a positive work environment and a culture of collaboration in each Rivian facility in which you work as well as 3rd party support you may provide
- Promote and foster principles of “Rivian Compass” (work ethic, culture, behaviors, etc)
- 5+ years of automotive experience performing advanced technical diagnosis on modern vehicle systems
- BS degree in mechanical, electrical engineering or computer science, automotive accreditations from reputable institute and/or similar
- Experience with modern advanced vehicle diagnostic tools
- Computer skills proficiency and excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Proven expertise in data analysis and critical thinking
- Experience working as an automotive technician
- Proven success in driving service support requirements in a complex environment
- Track record of working closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a technology environment
- Process design experience, with proven ability to understand, document, and transform complex processes
- Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities with high level analytical ability where opportunities for improvement are unusual and complex
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to travel as needed
- International / Cross Platform / Multi-brand and EV experience
- Experience in a Start-up environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.