Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Ensure the timely delivery of battery system components to vehicle program timing.
- Battery system architecture development for next generation systems including:
- High voltage routing and component design
- System layout and connection routing
- Electronics packaging and integration
- Thermal design strategy
- Write and manage component functional requirements.
- Manage PLM part data in Enova including cost & mass target and status.
- Manage and create CAD design as necessary for battery components to meet component and system targets.
- Ensure drafting, tolerance analysis, and GD&T are completed for components and Key Performance Indicators are defined.
- Work with Rivian CAE team to define and submit simulation requests as needed for design validation.
- Participate in and be responsible for battery component and system DFMEAs.
- Work with Rivian Validation team to develop DVP from component requirements and DFMEA.
- Support prototype builds to execute development testing and support development vehicle program.
- Work with Rivian Supply Chain to quote and source production suppliers.
- Work with suppliers on component DFM to reduce cost and improve quality and reliability.
- Work with Rivian manufacturing team on component DFA to improve manufacturability.
- 3+ years of industry experience with Bachelor’s degree or 1+ year of industry experience with Master’s degree.
- Design experience for injection molding, forming/stamping, casting, extrusion, and composite layup.
- Understanding of battery system architectures, system controls, and circuit analysis.
- Strong thermodynamics background with working knowledge of energy conversion and heat transfer.
- Experience with automotive powertrain requirements, load cases, and standards.
- Experience with design release engineering including CAD design, GD&T, and PLM interface.
- Strong oral and written communication for supplier engagement, program timing, and project management. Experience with automotive DVP&R cycle, requirements management, and issue tracking – JIRA, JAMA, IQ-RM
- 1+ years experience using CATIA V6 (3Dx) and Enovia or similar for 3D and 2D part design
- MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project) proficiency
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.