Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
This senior technical product manager role is part of our Internal Applications team supporting Supply Chain and Product Lifecycle Management business groups. The TPM collaborates closely with business stakeholders, UI/UX designers, development and quality engineers as well as data integrations teams to plan and execute a roadmap of system solutions needed to support key business processes.
This is what you’ll do:
- Partner with business stakeholders to plan, estimate, and prioritize development work efforts and manage the sprint lifecycle through feature design to production release
- Lead cross-functional agile teams across engineering, quality, and operations, through development and launch of new features and technologies
- Align the product vision and roadmap with feature solutions and deployment release schedule
- Translate requirements into workable user stories to plan, prioritize, and estimate sprint activities and backlog
- Support development and quality engineer teams to ensure feature acceptance criteria are met
- Manage the development process to achieve planned objectives of the product and features
- Work closely with business product teams as a subject matter expert who can answer questions raised by the technical/developer community
- Write and maintain technical and project documentation
- Incidence management and root cause analysis
- Increase the sophistication of our alerting and monitoring mechanisms
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile scrum teams to help deliver end-to-end features and system functions
This is what you will need
- 5+ years of technical product management experience or equivalent
- 3+ years in a fast-paced IT, Software or Manufacturing related environment
- Experience working in and advocating for agile practices and environments
- 3+ years using MS Excel, SQL, Python, Jira and Atlassian Products
- 2+ year of experience managing, coaching, and developing Product Managers
- Experience in Supply Chain or Manufacturing Product Lifecycle Management departments
- Experience working with engineering leads to establish acceptance criteria for development work and user acceptance testing efforts
- Be comfortable with database queries to measure performance KPIs and evaluate experiments
- Experience with ReactJS, GraphQL and web development is a plus
- Experience with Figma, Lucid and any other design tool is a plus
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Product Lifecycle Management
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.