Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Computer Vision Engineer in Self-Driving, you will be part of the Perception team at Rivian. Our perception team is made up of a diverse group of engineers focused on creating a real-time virtual representation of the local environment around the autonomous vehicle as well as determining where the vehicle is in the world globally or relative to other objects. This is accomplished by developing algorithms that use multiple sensors on the vehicle to construct a 3D reconstruction of the surroundings by fusing information from cameras, radars, GNSS, IMU, and ultrasonics.
- In this role, you will be directly involved in researching, architecting, and developing Computer Vision applications for ADAS and self-driving features on various cameras packaged throughout the vehicle
- You will lead and drive algorithm development on real-time embedded platforms, prototype and test on autonomous vehicles, and work with others to complete functional safety analyses and productization efforts
- You will also be a resource to guide and mentor junior CV team members on multiple Computer Vision projects for ADAS
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Robotics, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years algorithm development experience in one or more areas of computer vision, image/video processing, machine learning
- Expert knowledge and deep understanding in Camera Models, Camera Calibration, Multiple-view Geometry, Photogrammetry
- Expert knowledge in 3D reconstruction (Structure from Motion, SLAM, Stereo Vision processing, Structured Light)
- Experience in Embedded Software implementation
- Experience in technical architecture design and documentation
- Experience following good computer engineering practices over the development life cycle: coding standards, code reviews, unit/regression tests
- Strong programming skills in C++, and Python or Matlab
- Proficiency in common Computer Vision libraries and toolkits
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product
- RTOS Software development, optimization and productization experience
- Knowledge of cameras and imaging sensor technology
- Knowledge of embedded architecture and HW: GPUs, hardware accelerators, SIMD, SerDes, ASICs, DMA, shared memory
- Experience in automotive applications and system design
- Experience with ISO 26262 or related functional safety standards
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.