Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Manage and maintain instrumentation and data acquisition systems for vehicle testing, including annual budgeting and usage planning
- Plan, supervise and assist directly in instrumentation of vehicles with various sensors and equipment such as thermocouples, flow meters, pressure transducers, accelerometers, potentiometers, load cells and strain gauges
- Configure data acquisition systems that best fit applications and test conditions
- Confirm and operate instrumentation setups in-vehicle in real-time, at proving grounds and on test trips.
- Fabricate and/or modify existing prototype components/fixtures, sensor harnesses and cables
- Maintain test equipment in operational condition by performing routine maintenance
- Perform minor repairs/adjustments on equipment and track calibration of test equipment
- Conduct instrumentation calibration (pressure, temperature, low / high voltage) in-house and schedule external calibration where needed
- Keep track and document all work performed and equipment used to organize and maintain equipment inventory for every project
- Provide detailed summary of work performed to vehicle technicians and engineers
- Communicate directly with management, engineers and other technicians to ensure a high level of technical support
- Support overnight offsite test trips to various test locations (up to 25% of travel annually)
- Associate degree or equivalent experience in automotive/mechanical/electrical engineering
- 10+ years of instrumentation technician work experience
- Experience in standardized instrumentation setups for vehicle testing
- Valid driver license with clean record
- Vehicle test and development background and proving ground experience a plus
- Involvement working with vehicle Chassis, NVH, Thermal, Powertrain and Durability test teams
- Knowledge in automotive thermal, chassis, electrical systems and vehicle networks
- Strong communication, multitasking, & inter-personal skills
- Practical experience in machining, welding and soldering with great fabrication skills
- Ability to work in extreme climates (cold/hot weather)
- Capable of lifting up to 50lbs
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.