Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Work with the team in leveraging infrastructure, development and maintenance of CI/CD and automation technologies
- Make and troubleshoot SW builds, packages, releases.
- Fix build/setup issues in embedded Linux, and devops support for the team.
- Pipeline creation and maintenance.
- Git/SW branches maintenance, SW integration/merging.
- Develop docker container/VM solution for easier developer environment setup.
- Build/maintain over-the-air SW updates solutions using Mender/AWS IoT.
- CI/CD process development for automated builds and tests run.
- Automation tests development for charger specific applications.
- Design, build and maintain embedded SW applications in embedded Linux.
- Participate in Documentation of requirements, software design and test scenarios/results.
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related Engineering Degree
- Working knowledge of Linux in embedded software applications.
- Rich experience in embedded Linux such as Yocto, Buildroot.
- Hands-on skills to solve make/build issues in various environments.
- Familiar with building docker container/VM solutions.
- Expert knowledge in Git, branching strategy, SW integration/merging.
- Recent experience on build and release process in a Continuous Integration(CI)/ Continuous Development (CD) in an agile environment
- Capable of estimating tasks and meeting deadlines/schedules
- Willingness to work hands-on with hardware and software for development and troubleshooting
- Good programming skills in C or C++ or Java, and shell or Python or Perl scripts.
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, Jama.
- Knowledge of HW peripherals such as Ethernet, CAN, I2C, SPI, Uart, USB.
- Exhibited team player qualities with excellent verbal/written communications skills.
- Self-motivated, diligent, schedule driven, active/positive, eager to learn and explore.
- Strong ownership and leadership to drive the solution of complex problems across multiple teams and domains.
- Enjoy a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Experience in ISO15118, or OCPP, or EV/charger or any related industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of security in an embedded application environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.