Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this position within Platform Architecture team, you will integrate, bring up, validate, and benchmark next generation ADAS/AD systems, help to propel hardware and software development, identify gaps and risks at module, system, and vehicle levels, with the aim to drive hardware architecture decision making. This is a hybrid software / hardware role that requires a system software background, and the necessary embedded hardware background to support these activities. You will collaborate cross-functionally with hardware design and software application teams to accomplish this work, and thereby drive direction of next generation hardware architectures, as well as motivate optimization of current generation platforms.
- Develop forward-looking hardware and software systems to evaluate and validate next generation ADAS/AD architecture
- Identify gaps and improvements on function and performance towards design goals and optimal cost efficiency
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to build a strong set of system requirements and maintain traceability.
- Develop and integrate end-to-end ADAS/AD hardware and software systems, to study and optimize system-level performance and critical functions, and to de-risk and sign off before production, using both bench level and vehicle level setups.
- Develop and integrate necessary software and data pipelines on various embedded platforms
- Work with cross-functional teams on the bring-up and integration of ADAS/AD systems.
- Work with ML engineers and scientists to build prototypes of agile data logging and analysis systems for next generation ADAS/AD.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned within the scope of the position
The successful candidate will meet a large number of the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience in developing or validating embedded platforms
- Experience in analyzing performance of complex systems using automated software driven techniques
- Experience in designing, debugging, testing and bringing up complex hardware/software systems
- Excellent C/C++ and Scripting language (e.g. Python) programming skills
- Excellent analytical skills, written and verbal communication skills, and s strong team player
- Master’s or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience in ADAS/AD system development and/or validation, and good understanding of ADAS/AD system architecture and topologies
- Good understanding of vehicle electronics and communication networks, including automotive ethernet, CAN, LIN, etc.
- Expertise or prior work experience in following areas : ADAS/AD sensor fusion, sensor synchronization, and data collection for DL
- Hands-on experience with lab tools or vehicle integration
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.