Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Systems Tests Engineer will be responsible for leading tests and verification of all ADAS-System/sub-system/component level requirements.
- Use ASPICE criterion and ISTQB principles to continually improve the verification process flow
- Review requirements and create test cases to satisfy all the applicable criteria for ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) & Self-Driving related sub-systems
- Utilize test design techniques to ensure proper test case coverage and traceability
- Perform Bench/vehicle execution, generate related test artifacts and communicate/document the findings and report on consistent basis
- Collaborate cross-functionally with System Design, Integration, Functional Safety, HIL (Hardware in Loop) and Validation teams across the organization to verify system design and coordinate changes as necessary
- Understand the feature release plan, software release notes and focus on the relevant testing as per the project milestones
- Support system integration team with test vehicle commissioning, including interface and functional checks for all cross-domain touch points and regression testing
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- For Senior level, B.S. + 5 years of experience or MS. + 2 years of experience with automotive vehicle systems or similar applications
- Direct experience with current ADAS features and technologies
- Experience in systems engineering involving software development and system verification testing
- Strong understanding of vehicle safety concepts and testing-related safety procedures
- Strong knowledge of automotive electrical systems and communication protocols (CAN, Flexray, Ethernet) and relevant debug tools
- Hands-on experience testing complex systems involving multiple ECUs (Electronic Control Units) with interfaces to various vehicle sub-systems
- Strong experience with engineering tools such as dSpace, Vector, NI, ECU-Test
- Must be able to demonstrate the capability to create and maintain test plans
- Strong understanding of automotive hardware and software development processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment & proactively collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve system design issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-driven, team player with willingness to take ownership
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%
- Must have familiarity with defect management, requirement management toolchain.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.