Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Manage a team of test engineers to ensure the Powertrain testing activities are successfully supported
- Assist in the management of test facility planning, purchasing and utilization
- Support continuous improvement endeavors
- Perform system and component level validation testing for Powertrain (in lab environment)
- Develop test methods for electric Powertrain products
- Develop instrumentation and data acquisition setups, assuring quality results
- Participate in the hardware definition and development of Powertrain Test systems fixtures
- Support other Rivian teams in the generation of Rivian Test Standards, providing technical input on test setups and validation plans
- Define drive unit and gearbox test profiles and, support the implementation of the test profiles into automated test scripts
- Analyze test data, write test reports and sign-off for publication
- Direct script writers to automate test data processing and reporting
- Assist with test scheduling
- Be a technical point of contact for E-axle testing expertise for other areas of Rivian
- Troubleshoot testing issues with bespoke test beds and devices under test
- Work with external test sites to support testing activities
- BS in Engineering with minimum 10+ years of relevant experience, or other tertiary, technical qualification and at least 15 years of relevant experience required
- Fundamental understanding of electric powertrains and their testing and validation
- Experience in testing or developing of electric axles and drivetrains
- Experience with the design, construction, implementation, and validation of electric powertrain test equipment
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and scripting for automated data analysis tools such as NI DIAdem, and CONCERTO is preferred
- A thorough knowledge of automotive CAN communication, including the ability to create .DBC or FIBEX CAN database files
- Experience in configuration, development and maintenance of Veristand test system is preferred
- Experience in configuration, development and maintenance of other dynamometer controls systems such as REPS, STARS/SPARC, PUMA, etc. could be a substitute,
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to work autonomously
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.