Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- In this role, you will be responsible for the daily execution of the process in the paint shop. Areas of responsibility include air supply houses, booths, Robots, dispensers, and infrastructure that supports paint processes in the plant.
- Monitoring and adjusting the robotic processes in paint, troubleshooting paint applicators
- Interface with maintenance personnel to ensure that the paint shop equipment is running properly and that predictive maintenance is being done
- Troubleshooting and adjusting processes
- Maintaining a feedback loop for paint quality and process
- Using problem solving tools and techniques such as 5 Why's, DMAIC, 5S, etc, the Engineer will promptly address problems and act to define, resolve, and verify problem resolution with paint finish quality.
- Production reports and Scheduling
- The Engineer will contribute to shift and daily reports to management as required and provide performance reports of production to plan.
- The Engineer will work with production scheduling to plan daily paint shop production and act to assure production readiness accordingly.
- EH&S awareness and status in paint
- Use engineering principles to solve problems affecting manufacturing layout or production of our paint application process.
- Develop, process, and test materials used to create our high quality paint compounds and unique coloration
- Devise efficient systems that integrate workers, machines, materials, information, and energy to optimize our paint application process and manufacturing floor layout
- Perform process engineering and time studies as well as line balance analysis for work stations and areas.
- Write and train on Job Element Sheets / Standardized Work Sheets / Standard Operating Sheets to establish standardized and repeatable processes.
- Lead Autonomous Maintenance to help improve Mean Time Between Failure of equipment through study of equipment performance and manufacturer’s technical data related to complex and varied equipment such as robots, applicators, pumping system, and air handling systems as well as cure systems.
- Engineer and develop new application systems and equipment and coordinate fabrication and construction to facilitate and improve Overall Equipment Efficiency.
- The Engineer will conduct periodic safety walks of the paint shop to assure that correct procedures are being followed.
- The Engineer will participate with the EH&S coordinator in generating reports for government regulation compliance.
- Managing Suppliers and Contractors
- The Engineer shall oversee the activities of supplier service representatives and contract personnel working in the paint shop.
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment (1-3 years).
- 1-3 years of experience with robotic electrostatic painting
- Engineering degree in technical area (BSME, BS Chemical Engineering, etc.) required
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing paint shop
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours per day.
- Required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to perform all duties in a working environment that may contain dust, high noise levels, hot and cold weather.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.