Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Partner closely with product and partner engineering teams to provide solutions and recommendations – ability to create requirements out of ambiguity and articulate broadly applicable solutions.
- Develop and deploy lightweight modern serverless services
- Design, extend and review software architecture – be hands on and involved with every level of the development lifecycle, including gathering product requirements.
- Collaborate and work in an Agile Model.
- Review and improve existing codes and applications
- Develop services using the Test-Driven Development (TDD) process.
- Build high quality, testable, and scalable backend systems including REST APIs, batch jobs, and system integration.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience and at least 2+ years of relevant industry experience, preferably building enterprise grade systems.
- Experience building distributed and scalable systems and developing API’s with the care that they deserve – REST with OpenApi/Swagger.
- Experience and familiarity with cloud-native architecture, development and deployment practices, preferably with AWS
- Extensive experience with AWS services common to serverless architectures (AWS Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, IAM, Cognito etc.)
- Experience with backend development including Python, APIs, Web Services, etc.
- Knowledge of IAM technologies including SSO, OAuth2, , Fine Grained access control, RBAC, SSO would be a plus
- Strong technical background in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology field.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.