Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The opening will be based in Palo Alto, CA, and reports directly to a Sr Engineering Manager, DevOps.
- Lead and set technical direction for tools, build-release-test automation.
- Be responsible for developing tools & automation solutions for CI / CD workflow, continuous testing, software updates.
- Develop tools, plug-ins and solutions for CI / CD workflow using Jenkins, AWS, Docker and other micro-services.
- Work with other cross-functional teams and convert business requirements into engineering requirements.
- Be responsible for tool/software development adhering to appropriate internal & external safety/security standards.
- Identify and set new technical directions to improve development process and fulfill company / group vision.
- 7+ years experience in technical roles within software engineering and DevOps functions
- 3+ years of experience with auto build tools (like make, waf etc.,), Git, JAMA, JIRA, Jenkins, Quality Center (or other test management tools), AWS, Linux-server installation (Ubuntu) and maintenance
- 3+ experience using SCM like GITLAB, GITHUB or BITBUCKET including writing webhooks, merge strategy and release management
- 3+ experience managing large scale build and deploy infrastructure, capacity planning and maintenance.
- 3+ experience managing enterprise grade Jenkins master and node setup and plugin.
- 3+ years of experience using configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef etc
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.