Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Solution and build enterprise-grade Cloud infrastructure for business needs, primarily with AWS products
- Lead development of Cloud standards and best practices for high availability & reliability business needs
- Use CloudFormation and Terraform to automate AWS tasks and deployments
- Direct, handle and resolve support tickets related to business requirements in AWS
- Work with vendors to design HA deployments of off-the-shelf software on AWS
- Develop Python functions deployed in AWS Lambda with AWS SAM
- Mentor, coach and assist development teams with AWS solutions, best practices and documentation
- Provision AWS networking, VPCs and VPN connections using Service Catalog
- Build fully automated CI/CD processes using Gitflow and CodePipeline
- Management of Windows Server, Amazon Linux 2, Ubuntu, CentOS, and RHEL systems
- Being organized, self-driven, capable and willing to resolve issues from L1-L3 as needed
- Be part of an on-call rotation to support production systems
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical solutions and processes
- Be a creative and dynamic cross-functional technical leader with the endurance for a fast-paced start-up environment
This is what you’ll need:
- 2+ years experience utilizing AWS which must include CloudFormation, Lambda, EC2, RDS, ECS, EKS, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, SNS, SQS, and Route53. Control Tower, Transit Gateway, AWS Organizations desired.
- 2+ years experience using Python and Git with agile and git-flow principles
- 2+ years of software architecture experience
- Strong understanding of networking, DNS, HTTP and Restful services
- Linux administration skills.
We would prefer one or more of the following:
- AWS Professional and Specialty Certifications
- AWS serverless application development experience using Lambda, API Gateway, and Amplify
- AWS data pipeline experience using S3, Athena, Glue, Kinesis, Redshift, Map Reduce, and Lake Formation
- AWS account governance experience using Organizations, Service Catalog and Control Tower
- AWS IoT experience
- DB administration experience including both relational schema design and non-relation architectures along with SQL optimization
- Windows Server administration and PowerShell scripting experience
- AWS Security experience using SecurityHub, GuardDuty, Inspector, and Macie
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Palo Alto, CA or Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.