Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Staff Electrical Distribution Component Engineer will be responsible and accountable for developing and documenting our preferred harness component selection strategy and serving as a subject matter expert in all things related to wire harness components.
The Staff Electrical Distribution Component Engineer will act will drive best practice components by meeting with component suppliers to understand the latest harness technologies, coordinating with the librarian team to fully define best practice library parts and then assuring these best practice parts are used in Rivian designs.
- Establish priority criteria for electrical wiring components including connectors, terminals, wires, splices, earth and ring terminals
- Manage new component requests as they come in and maintain an accurate status of completion for all Capital and 3DX components
- Research and promote new wire harness technologies adoption through discussions with established and new vendors
- Maintaining rapport with component manufacturers as to the status of their components. (Capacity, obsoletion, replacements, etc.)
- Identify cost down opportunities through components substitution/VAVE activities.
- Serving as SME for all harness components (connectors, clips, coverings, terminals)
- Maintaining the database of which components to use on new vehicles, as well as finding and notifying relevant parties on which components need to be replaced on current production.
- Define Capital Mentor Graphics Library Parts and Symbols
- Defining and adding electrical components within the standard component library in Catia 3D Experience
- Perform other duties as required or assigned within the scope of the position.
- Computer Science or equivalent bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of automotive or aerospace harness componentry experience
- Must be experienced with Capital Mentor Graphics
- Experience with latest wire harness technologies
- Experience with the USCAR-21 spec defining crimp combination testing requirements
- Experience with USCAR-2, USCAR-25 and other related connector design and testing specs
- May have C++ and EKL knowledge for the purpose of further developing automations within 3DX.
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing, and listening)
- Self-driven, displaying initiative with minimal supervision
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.