Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Rivian Supply Chain team is looking for highly motivated and exceptional Purchasing professionals to bring Rivian’s engineered products to life. In this role, the Senior Purchasing Manager will be responsible for sourcing and managing parts that make up the building blocks of the R1T, R1S, and Electric Delivery Vehicles. As a Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for all commercial aspects of the awarding of new business, developing strong supplier relationships, and working side by side with our engineering counterparts to push the envelope of our technical requirements. You will also take the lead in making sure Rivian can meet its cost targets, suppliers deliver to our aggressive timelines, and parts are received at the highest level of quality. In our team, we expect our people to own every aspect of the sourcing process from start to finish and everything in between. This role reports to the Group Manager of the Low Voltage Electronics team within the Vehicle Team of Supply Chain Organization.
This is what you’ll do:
- Lead RFI/ RFQ/ RFP and strategic sourcing process
- Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing suppliers, market conditions, and technology roadmaps
- Lead contractual negotiations
- Communicate closely with program management regarding prototype ordering and sourcing progress
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain best prototype and production pricing based on targets
- Perform a deep dive analysis of quote submissions based on cost breakdown data
- Support supplier quality and technical reviews
- Review engineering development costs with engineering leads to ensure best cost is attained
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of strategic sourcing, procurement, or purchasing experience.
- 3+ years’ experience leading RFI/RFP/RFQ processes.
- 3+ years managing commercial business relationships with large suppliers in an Automotive, Electronics or high-volume manufacturing business.
- 1+ Effective negotiation experience specific to automotive, mechatronics and/or low voltage electronic commodities
- 5+ years MS Office
- MBA or master’s degree in related field
- 5+ years of procurement, purchasing, buying experience in the automotive industry
- Strong analytical ability to break down complex problems and data sets to derive meaningful, actionable results
- Comfort in working independently and in teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand Engineering and Design direction and provide focused supply-chain solutions accordingly
- Experience with automotive, electronic, or consumer products, and the design and manufacture thereof
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.