Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Sr. Manager, Electrical Distribution will be responsible and accountable for ensuring all assigned Harness Assemblies are readied for release to support mass production in accordance with Rivian engineering best design practices, considering, DFM/DFA, and APQP/PPAP supplier quality standards.
The manager will lead multiple project teams and grow engineers technical and program skills from initial vehicle platform design, production ramp-up, mid-cycle actions, through to end-of-life for assigned Harness Assemblies.
- Build and lead a team of world class engineers to support design and development of electrical distribution systems for Consumer and/or Commercial Vehicle Lines.
- Continuously improve Rivian best practices for Harness Assembly guidelines and review with Director to revise the guidelines for approval
- Drive innovation around vehicle architectures and electronic components across Rivian Consumer and Commercial Products
- Support cross-functional sourcing activities
- Collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, and Supply Chain leads across the organization to own high-volume delivery
- Review final wire harness outputs and coach members to achieve all harness requirement including assemblability, manufacturability, routing quality, durability and evaluation requirements.
- Support Rivian Vehicle Assembly and Tier1 builds, including on-site support for rapid design and rework for prototype / pre-production mule, electrical/mechanical static buck(s), and verification phases
- Report project health to Director with thorough but concise status, studies and next steps outlined.
- Electronic design teams to drive consistency and performance feedback
- Supply Chain to build strong business and technical relationships with all suppliers
- Manufacturing and Quality Departments to ensure successful vehicle build execution
- Program and Project Management to create and execute against ambitious product roadmaps
- Test and Development teams to ensure vehicles operate within performance specifications with high reliability
- Patience, kindness, self-control, confidently centered around a positive mental attitude
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, or related engineering disciplines
- 12+ years of automotive or aerospace harness assembly design and release experience
- A current, industry standard knowledge of design verification testing required for various Harness Assemblies
- Deep technical understanding of balancing volume, weight, power density, thermal density, and cost
- Expert level knowledge of different manufacturing, assembly, and tooling methods
- Knowledge of, through experience packaging and testing dynamic harness conditions
- Experience in high volume mass production, automotive experience preferred
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing, and listening)
- Self-driven, displaying initiative with minimal supervision
Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Visio, and Power Point
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.