Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Vehicle Operations Specialist, you will be a key contributor to the success of our Delivery & Field Operations team. Vehicle Operations Associates work in coordination with Delivery & Mobile Operations, Service Operations, and our fleet teams to facilitate customer deliveries, manage documentation, and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Rivian is looking for someone who is seeking a position to grow their career both personally and professionally.
- Serve as key player for physical locations including setting schedules, prioritizing vehicle workflows, requesting resources, and coordinating work efforts with on-site managers
- Manage charging station capacity and maintenance to ensure there is a plan of action based on scheduled customer demand and prioritization
- Manage the lot and ensure that there are safe and usable drivelines in the lot at all times
- Complete final quality checks, create effective service orders, and provide feedback to service and other teams as needed
- Ensure product quality standards through supporting vehicle wash and/or detailing/paint correction activities
- Prepare paperwork for open states deliveries
- Validate paperwork, scan, and file completed dealer jackets in secure file cabinet, FedEx all deal jackets to central title at end of day
- Conduct various audits to include but not limited to; security, inventory, asset location, etc...
- Communicate and surface roadblocks as well as proposed resolutions to management where needed
- Ensure adequate stock of supplies and inventory resources proactively reaching out when applicable
- Receive, inspect and process incoming inventory, including completing Bill of Lading (BOL) paperwork
- Prepare, inspect, and stage vehicles for remarketing to be transported to the auction via carrier
- Work cross-functionally with proper communication and collaboratively with other teams onsite and remote
- Complete assignments with a high level of accuracy and embrace ambiguous situations
- Be resourceful, explore your curiosity, and ask questions to seek customer centric solutions to problems
- Additional work and tasks as needed from the business
- Ability to transport vehicle while working in various weather elements
- Participates in continuous improvement activities with guidance from leads/managers.
- Available to work evenings, i.e. 3pm-midnight
- Initial training will be during the day.
- At least 2 years of experience with operations, logistics, or lot management
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Previous EV or detailing experience a plus
- Ability to lift up to 50 Ibs safely
- Valid state driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Ability to obtain and maintain local sales licenses if applicable in your state
- Proficiency with computers and software
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment that changes day to day
- Flexibility to work based on the demands of the business, which may require working evenings/nights or weekends.
- Desire to work in workplace that is employee centric and has a foundational focus on the environment and clean energy solutions
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 40% of the time) as required to support other market launches and operations.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.