Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- This role will be responsible for sourcing and purchasing battery cell active materials for use across different Rivian products
This is what you will do:
- Lead RFI/ RFQ/ RFP and strategic sourcing process
- Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and technology roadmaps
- Lead contractual negotiations with suppliers on NDA’s, General Terms & Conditions and Production Supply Agreements
- Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities and develop a sourcing strategy and roadmap for Rivian stakeholders
- Perform detailed analysis of quote submissions based on cost breakdown form data
- Drive and implement cost reductions on prototype and production vehicles through leveraged negotiations to achieve vehicle cost targets
- Manage supplier relationships and performance through key performance metrics
- Work closely alongside cell manufacturing engineering to understand and support their requirements. Review Engineering, Design & Development (ED&D) costs with Engineering leads to ensure best-in-class cost is attained
- Work closely alongside Program Management to support prototype requirements, execute against build milestones and track sourcing progress
- Support Supplier Quality plant audits and technical reviews
- Develop should-cost models and industry analysis of various battery cells materials
- BA / BS degree in business administration, finance, engineering or equivalent (required)
- 5 years of experience in Purchasing/ Supply Chain management, including strategic sourcing, contract negotiation and supplier management in battery, automotive, consumer electronics or related industry
- Strong knowledge of Battery Materials Sourcing
- Strong knowledge of pricing models and industry trends, industry regulations, and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to identify process issues and drive improvements; good knowledge and experience with SAP or other ERPS systems
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized and demonstrated ability as a strategic thinker. Ability to prioritize multiple projects, develop effective plans, coordinate change management, and see projects through to conclusion
- Master’s degree/MBA with 10 years of relevant work experience
- 2+ years leading a team of purchasing professionals
- Strong knowledge of battery cell technology, active materials, and main cost drivers
- Experience working with cell material suppliers such as anode, cathode, separator, electrolyte, etc.
- Experience in building high performing strategic purchasing organizations and developing talent into leadership positions
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.