Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Lead a team of Body Service Part Engineers, responsible for release, maintenance, and change management of service parts. Role requires high levels of initiative, independent judgement, and leadership capability.
· Responsible for Service Change Action management for Body system
o Completion metrics
o Ensuring accuracy and managing approvals
· Lead point of contact for responsible systems
o Part inquiries
o Part escalations from parts catalog, internal, and external teams
o SBOM structure and maintenance
· Lead for Continues Improvement of responsible systems
o Part audits
o Supersession, disposition, and effectivity
o Management of obsolete inventory disposition
· Support creation and change management of Body Service Assembles
· Support release of production part assemblies into serviceable sub-systems for an efficient and effective service part strategy.
· Investigate and resolve interchangeability of existing service parts concurrent with the release of new service parts.
· Review and audit SBOM for completeness and errors for Body systems.
· Serve as the knowledge expert on SBOM part management.
· Analyze and resolve engineering deviations, suggestions, and internal/external customer inquiries relative to service parts.
· Support downstream teams as SME including Material Planning, New Part Introduction, and Demand Planning.
· BS in Engineering, Automotive Technology or similar technical degree
· Ability to manage multiple projects across varying geographic locations simultaneously
· Willingness to work in a strong cross functional environment reliant on daily collaboration with internal and external teams
· Technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
· Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress.
· High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
· Experience in Enovia, Catia V6, and SAP a plus.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.