Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Senior Lead, Pre-construction will be responsible for driving multiple discipline deliverables forward in workflow for a multi-phase large-scale manufacturing development in East Atlanta. This individual will act as the program lead for Facilities until handing over execution responsibilities to the Construction & Design team. Although initially acting as an individual contributor, this position will lead collaboration between real estate, design, engineering, construction, estimating, scheduling, manufacturing operations, technical program management, purchasing, authorities having jurisdiction, utility companies, and more.
- Define the project scope(s); work with stakeholders to establish high-level project goals. If project goals are not being met as the project progresses (cost/schedule), re-align with end-user/leadership to maintain progress.
- Compile project-specific data from multiple disciplines/teams in the early phases of project development and identify areas where information is lacking, and complete research as necessary to fill gaps.
- Review and comment on estimates, proposals, and bid leveling, identifying major cost drivers and communicating findings to internal teams and executive leadership.
- Provide suggestions on cost reduction/optimization solutions while overseeing a weekly project cost tracker showing the most recent milestone budget and/or approved project budget, as well all budgetary commitments and potential cost impacts that have materialized during the current period.
- Understand the early due diligence and flag to the group any potential pitfalls while also Identifying any potential budget or schedule impact and establishing plans to mitigate these impacts.
- Ensure all required due diligence, design, and consultant input is completed prior to submission for financial approvals.
- Review and comment on project schedules and schedule recovery.
- Lead the development of responsibilities matrix between the project team members & third parties
- Work with project stakeholders to develop project procurement plan and sourcing strategy
- Support in preparing executive presentations and reporting back the feedback to the team the actions for their respective scope of work
- Hold regular meetings with project stakeholders, document outcomes and responsible parties for action.
- Capable of independent action with minimal direction and be able to determine daily actions based on team goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Effective negotiation skills
- Thorough understanding of design & construction administration processes, including contracts, budgets, detailed design & construction documents, change orders, schedules, and material procurement
- Proficient in the use of standard business software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other specialized tools e.g., Primavera P6, Figma, Revit, etc. are preferred
- Proficient time management and organization skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or a related subject and 12+ years of increasingly responsible construction experience (retail or high-end commercial preferred).
- The physical demands associated with the duties and responsibilities described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this job. This includes ability to spend extended hours walking construction sites and traveling to different project sites and offices.
- The work environment described herein is representative of those an employee encounters while performing this job. The Senior Lead, Preconstruction will be based at a regional office, visit other locations, and attend meetings at multiple offices. Exposure to outdoors, dust, high noise levels, hot and cold weather is likely. Wearing personal protective equipment is mandatory.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.