Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As part of Rivian’s Engineering Application team you will support engineering tools, applications on AWS cloud and high-performance computing infrastructure.
- Build tools and scripts for simulation tests and optimize simulation jobs.
- This role will work cross functionally on various projects and operations.
- Projects include developing cluster tool or solutions, automating deployments, HPC job optimization, pre/post processing workflows, alerts, usage and performance metrics.
- Day to Day operations include supporting end-users with issues, driving root cause analysis and design task automations.
- Organize and document implemented solutions for long term information retention with our internal dashboards and documentation system.
- Help document requirements, develop functional and technical designs for automated tools that can assist users with HPC job optimizations.
Experience or expertise in installation, configuration and administration of various engineering tools such as simulations, CAE tools and web applications
Knowledge of High- performance compute platforms, Linux administration and scripting with Python, Bash or similar
Knowledge of programming languages such as Java, React and Rest APIs
Problem solving skills and basic project management skills (Agile, Waterfall)
Flexibility in dealing with assignments and in working on several projects simultaneously.
Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and communicate well with people of diverse backgrounds and computer knowledge.
Interest in emerging technologies and applications, and an ability to learn, apply them to the computing environment
Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required
Nice to have Skills
- Knowledge of AWS Elastic search and Kibana tools is a plus
- Interest in working with the engineering staff and users to aid and instruct how to use the HPC resources optimally.
- Knowledge or expertise in installation, management and use of software such as compilers, scientific applications and job resource managers. Experience is LS-DYNA, Nastran, StarCCM +, Abaqus as examples.
- Experience with CAE, ML, Analytics workloads on HPC
- Knowledge and understanding of network technologies such as TCP/IP and networked file systems such NFS, GFS, Lustre, GPFDS
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.