Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Supervise and direct the activities of multiple workshops.
- Develop OKRs (goals and objectives) for the department and track the team’s performance using KPIs.
- Effectively communicate with technician and engineering teams to manage on-site and remote support.
- Create and follow an operating budget.
- Ensure technician teams have necessary tools, equipment, and environment to perform their job duties safely and successfully.
- Work with technicians to provide high quality data tracking and vehicle test reports to engineering teams.
- Manage project timelines and workshop requests to maximize technician efficiency.
- Develop and foster technician growth plan that includes skill and career development.
- 10+ years' experience as a vehicle technician.
- 4+ years' experience as a shop manager/lead.
- 2+ years' experience in an automotive research/development environment.
- Basic software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc..) are required.
- Thrive in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent analytical problem solving, inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills, including ability to efficiently and effectively present information to management / leadership.
- Extensive diagnostic troubleshooting experience with High Voltage systems, vehicle networks (CAN, Flexray, LIN), mechanical systems (Chassis/suspension, Body fitment, Interiors) and general repairs.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this role, including lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs, crouching, kneeling, reaching overhead and at and below waist level.
- Must be willing and able to travel on short notice up to 30% of the time.
- HV certifications through previous OEM a plus.
- Experience with instrumentation equipment and data logging equipment.
- Master Technician certification, ASE certification and/or manufacturer certification.
- Familiarity with Atlassian software tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.