Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Role Summary: You will be responsible for facilitating the product development for our electrical distribution systems. This role requires leading Rivian peers and external stakeholders through design, release, prototyping, tooling, validation, production readiness and into service. You will establish timing, and manage your programs with high levels of initiative, organization, technical competence and emotional intelligence. You will maintain program status and keep stakeholders up to date on progress and problems.
- Work closely with the Electrical Distribution Systems (EDS) team to create and manage engineering schedules, prototype and production supplier schedules to support overall vehicle program milestones and deliverables.
- Constantly identify programmatic risks, critical dependencies, and work to mitigate and reduce exposure.
- Provide timely escalation of technical, timing, or resource issues/risks to Engineering and Vehicle leadership teams.
- Drive engineering teams towards containment and resolution of issues raised from design reviews, virtual builds, and build events to protect the program’s schedule to start of production (SOP) and ongoing production.
- Maintain supplier relationships in collaboration with Supply Chain team to ensure timely deliveries for build events.
- Drive x-functional collaboration between studio design, structures, interiors, electrical, mechanical engineering and manufacturing teams to deliver an exceptional product across our program line-up.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned within the scope of the position
- Master's/Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology/business
- Minimum 5+ years of technical program management or relevant experience
- Detailed knowledge of product development process from design, development, validation and integration
- Effective verbal and written communication skills at all working levels, internally and externally
- Proven experience driving progress on multiple projects across multiple locations and timelines
- Ability to manage ambiguity, create clarity and push for prioritization by risk
- Strong ability to humbly lead by influence and by example
- Proven ability to solve complex problems, work with ambiguity and be self-motivated
- Experienced with implementing and refining new processes
- Travel as needed to support builds
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.