Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As an Industrial Engineer supporting our Body Shop operation, you will be a part of a team that is dedicated to identifying areas to increase efficiencies and reduce issues in our production processes.
Specific primary responsibilities are defined by the following, but not limited to:
- Assist manufacturing engineering group in equipment design, buyoff, and install for all new model launch activities
- Complete time studies of current manufacturing processes to make improvements
- Responsible for capacity planning and line balancing within specific body shop production lines
- Analyze production lines for areas of opportunity in regards to flow, non-value added work and process change impacts to line
- Assist manufacturing engineering group with cell layout, rack design, PFMEA development
- Lead continuous improvement activity and drive problem resolution with cross functional groups including production, quality, engineering, and maintenance
- Optimize process to maximize productivity while reducing quality, productivity, and maintenance issues
- Work with production to outline allocation of resources throughout body
- Assist tooling in designing fixtures or assemblies needed to support continuous improvement activity on equipment
- Able to compose proposals for line improvements and cycle time reductions
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong excel and office skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- APQP experience
- 2D & 3D modeling experience
- Strong process skills, ability to comprehend a wide variety of manufacturing processes including welding, laser welding, SPR, mastic, and adhesives
- Strong data management skills
- Strong communication skills to varying groups
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial engineering,
- 2-4 years of experience in a fast-paced Manufacturing setting
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours per day.
- Required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to perform all duties in a working environment that may contain dust, high noise levels, hot and cold weather.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Body Shop-EDV
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.