Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Process Engineering role at Rivian is critical to ensuring we not only meet production milestones but to do so effectively. In this front-line role, you will have a hand in improving current processes, partnering with cross functional teams and work through high level problem solving to meet KPIs.
Process Engineer Responsibilities:
Specific primary responsibilities are defined by the following, but not limited to:
- Assist manufacturing engineering group in equipment design, buyoff, and install for all new model launch activities
- Assist manufacturing engineering group with cell layout, rack design, PFMEA development
- Assist manufacturing engineering group in successful runoff of equipment and ensure product and process meet all plant KPIs for mass production
- Coach safety, quality, and production on standardized work development
- Lead continuous improvement activity and drive problem resolution with cross functional groups including production, quality, engineering, and maintenance
- Optimize process to maximize productivity while reducing quality, productivity, and maintenance issues
- Ability to lead projects, define project scopes, manage capital budgets
- Work with production to outline allocation of resources throughout body
- Assist tooling in designing fixtures or assemblies needed to support continuous improvement activity on equipment
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong excel and office skills
- Experience with GD&T
- Program Management experience
- APQP experience
- 2D & 3D modeling experience
- Strong process skills, ability to comprehend a wide variety of manufacturing processes including welding, laser welding, SPR, mastic, and adhesives
- Strong data management skills
- Strong communication skills to varying groups
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical engineering, Industrial engineering, or related required
- Preferred 1-3+ years’ experience in automotive Body Shop.
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours per day.
- Required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to perform all duties in a working environment that may contain dust, high noise levels, hot and cold weather.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Body Shop-R1
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.