Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Coordinator, Workplace Operations will be multi-disciplined in direct support of the Manager, Workplace Operations along with internal Rivian stakeholders. The primary responsibility of this role is to manage the day-to-day operational activities across our Palo Alto workplace portfolio providing excellent support to Rivian staff and guests.
- Implement the facilities management programs and procedures needed to keep the Rivian facility operating at its best
- Create and respond to work orders promptly while maintaining excellent customer service standards
- Engaged with contract relationships for facilities support
- Oversee the daily cleaning and housekeeping activities, including the management of day porter responsibilities
- Reception and guest support, mail services, office supplies and equipment maintenance, safety and security support
- Regularly conduct space walkthroughs to ensure the highest quality of space cleanliness, organization, and proactive maintenance needs to maintain the most polished facility imaginable
- Coordinate the delivery of site amenities which may include: food services, transportation, and move support while acting as the site’s key point of contact
- Update and maintain accurate records and official documentation for the site
- Conduct regular space audits while ensuring moves, adds, and changes are updated, desks are cleaned and organized, and new hire setups are completed
- Execute the purchase of requisitions, credit card purchases, and expense reconciliations
- Perform other facility management operations as identified by your manager
- Project manage all event requests by receiving the request, working with stakeholders, identifying space, completing test fits, managing vendors, and budget, procuring additional resources, execute and onsite contact for the event.
- A positive attitude with an endless drive for perfection
- At least 3 years of experience working in an impeccable facilities environment, property management, hospitality, or related field preferred
- Manufacturing and corporate environment experience a plus
- An eye for cleanliness and attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving/critical thinking skills
- Basis Microsoft Office abilities and proficiency in a range of information technology tools and platforms
- Willingness to work with their hands and cover the reception desk
- Knowledge of 5s methodology
- Friendly and warm disposition to greet guests
- A service-oriented personality, self-motivated, confident, energetic, and flexible
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of 3 years of experience working in an impeccable facilities environment, property management, hospitality, or related field is preferred
The physical demands associated with the duties and responsibilities described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this job. This includes the ability to spend extended hours walking multiple sites and traveling to other Rivian locations as needed.
The work environment described herein is representative of those an employee encounter while performing this job. The Coordinator, Workplace Operations will be based in our Palo Alto office. Exposure to the outdoors, dust, high noise levels, and hot and cold weather is likely. Strict adherence to proper safety protocol will be expected at all times.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.