Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian Electrical R&D are the backbone of GSD (Getting Stuff Done!) for our Hardware teams. Rivian is continuing to integrate major electrical systems and components and rapidly growing vertically. This growth equals rapid career advancement opportunities for those that love challenges and fast-paced high-performance culture.
- Perform finite element based analysis on a variety of electronics packaging and structural design challenges accounting for shock, drop, vibration, fatigue, environmental sealing, and other requirements.
- Provide detailed and actionable material selection and mechanical design suggestions to engineers responsible for detail design of vehicle electronics.
- Define and support best practices for how CAE can be used in the electronics development process.
- Develop strategies for optimizing mechanical components for minimizing mass and material usage.
- Coordinate and work with other analysts across other departments to coordinate analysis methodologies and design constraints
- Own and drive material characterization and testing to support modeling efforts
- Work in multidisciplinary teams and drive product and engineering excellence
- Perform other duties as required or assigned within the scope of the position
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering; Masters or PhD preferred.
- Deep understanding of mechanics of materials, dynamics, vibration, linear and non-linear simulation methodologies
- Strong grasp of failure analysis methodologies and experience with product reliability and validation procedures.
- 5+ years of experience in performing non-linear dynamic and static finite element analysis
- Experience with 3D CAD, CAE, and PLM systems.
- Experience developing and leading other multidisciplinary engineers
- Excellent communication skills across all functions and levels
- Experience in performing similar analyses to support electronics and structural product development.
- Excellent documentation practices
- Fluent written and spoken English
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.