Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- You will lead the team that is the technical glue and driving force behind development activities crucial to the success of complex electromechanical systems. Core responsibilities include integration and bringing up new systems as well as ongoing test systems development, systems characterization, product performance improvement, and dynamic collaboration with hardware, modeling, controls, and software engineers.
- Build & Manage a world class modeling, integration and test team that specializes in light vehicle, multispeed electric drivetrains
- Core competencies of the leader and team are modeling and development through test of rotating machines, geartrains, shift mechanisms and the root causes and mitigations for noise vibration and harshness (NVH)
- Lead/mentor the team through all development phases including characterization of existing products, modeling of novel Rivian concepts to inform design architecture, design of test campaigns for model correlation and developmental product refinement
- Specify, install and operate dynamometers, data acquisition and other test equipment
- Collaborate closely with mechanical design, electrical design, controls and embedded software teams
- Set the performance bar for the team in terms of innovation, engineering rigor, organization and execution
- Play a strong role in vendor selection and management to ensure predictable and high quality execution of Rivian hardware designs
- Recruit world class talent, develop team members, manage performance, conduct performance and compensation reviews
- 15+ year track record of in depth modeling, test and development accomplishments in applications such as motor driven powertrains, multi-speed transmissions, high bandwidth actuators, etc
- 5+ years leading complex technical projects and managing indirect and direct reports
- Strong engineering fundamentals in the areas of dynamical system modeling and testing, modal analysis, NVH via Matlab/Simulink/Simscape suite as well as other application specific tools
- Specification and procurement expertise in capital test equipment
- Demonstrated accomplishments in team building and business process creation
- Formal electrical engineering education, B.S. minimum, higher preferred
- Formal management / leadership training (ex: corporate training, 1:1 coaching or university)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.